November 27, 2005

Moreno: Lacto-ovo-vegetarian

I'm an ovo-lacto-vegetarian. But not because SSB wants me to be one. I'm a vegetarian because I have an intolerance to meat/fish/poultry protein. Always have. Personally, I see no difference (personality- wise) between meat eaters and vegetarians. Some of the nicest people I've met in my life were meat eaters. Vegetarians can be just as mean and vicious as anyone else (look at some of the advocates for PETA).

Of course, there is always the issue of slaughter. Personally, I am grateful that I do not contribute to the slaughter of animals. I think the issue of slaughter is an important one. People do not "need" to eat meat and I think that any effort to cut dow on the slaughter of animals is praiseworthy. Most gurus ask their devotees to abstain to meat. So that is nothing new with SSB.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make Tony. Your wife eats meat.

Moreno always loves to make an issue of how anti-SBs apparently point fingers and engage in "vicious defamation". Whereas Moreno relates above his non-consumption of meat, what is the point of "pointing a finger" at somebody's wife? Is this not the same kind of immature fault-finding that he typically rails against, yet indulges in it himself?