September 15, 2006

Talk About Intellectual Dishonesty!

On September 12th 2006, Gerald Moreno decided to post an article on his hateful stalkblog against me for no reason at all, lamely drawing a comparison between an incidence of bombings at a Krishna temple and my religious beliefs. His intention was to show how my apparent justifications of Krishna's omnipotence in the question of natural disasters etc. are also applicable to Sathya Sai Baba, and that any explanation I make for Krishna can be used in favour of Sai Baba. It was a very silly article which brought a smile to my face.

I responded to it here, where I discussed many other issues such as Moreno's background of stalking me, his very offensive comments against Hindu religion as well as his queer tendency to selectively quote only the parts of my words which suit his agenda. Please take the time to read that article all the way through as it is essential to understand the depths of Moreno's depravity and deception.

A day later, Moreno came up with a reply to my text. Silly me, I thought that he might have taken the time to come up with a coherent and logical response to my points which, even if I do say so myself, were well-grounded in reason, logic, and Vedantic philosophy of all things! Sadly, Moreno had done nothing except hack my text into small pieces and had again selectively quoted only the parts that suited him. Basically I had made the point that, according to the Bhagavad-Gita (and Vedanta in general), disasters happen on an individual and enviromental basis due to the interaction of intricate karmic connections. Instead of superficially blaming God for anything and everything that goes wrong (as Moreno and most people do), it is established that God Himself is seated as a neutral observer in light of the karmic connections that had to be seen through. I even included a caveat that I had presented these philosophical principles in a very reductionist manner and that the truths of this issue were much more complicated. I then made the point that, since Sai Baba has specifically declared that he is God who has descended as an avatar to ward of all humanitarian crises and so forth, it is therefore his responsibility to ward off the same. Moreno's shallow and superficial blaming of God/Krishna for the world's problems do not apply if Sai Baba is directly here as an avatar to take care of any problem.

Trust Moreno to seize upon my article, hack out only the part that suits him and ignore the rest! Specifically, he had the audacity to extract my text about karmic repercussions and completely ignored the part about Sai Baba's intervening role as an "avatar"! Even further to that, he posted his "reply" under the most ridiculous title: "Sanjay Defends Sathya Sai Baba"!

When I called him up on this, here is what he had to say:

"Sanjay, you already solved that problem. Karma! lol Using your spiritual explanations, Baba did not warn them because of their karma. Remember, there are karmic repercussions everywhere. lol

"Put aside that Baba is God. Lord Krishna cannot protect anyone anymore or any less than Sathya Sai Baba. Enough said :-)"

What can we say? This is perfect proof that shows that Moreno cares little for intelligent and reasoned debate and discussion, and is purely interested only in maligning and smearing former devotees of Sathya Sai Baba in a bid to protect a homosexual paedophile and murderer who he does not even believe in! That too, he couldn't even carry it out honestly, he had to go far enough to be abjectly intellectually dishonest with it. Just imagine! He completely ignored the extremely relevasnt part about how Sai Baba's alleged avatarhood is the crux of the problem; declaring himself as God on earth to solve the problems is really the end of the subject. And Moreno, who spuriously refers to himself as an "advocate" and "proponent" of the Baba, can't even defend him honestly.

That itself is the most hilarious thing of all. Talk about intellectual dishonesty! :-)